In an effort to inspire all staff to become innovators in their service to youth, the Paducah Schools Foundation is proud to fund the latest Innovate Grants.
We want to:
- Support you as an effective and inspiring teacher.
- Support innovative ideas which enhance learning in and out of the classroom
Staff can apply for two types of grants. .
- In school: Project-based learning grant for in school activity for up to $2000.
- Out of school: Project-based learning for out of/after school activity for up to $2000.
- Must be a Paducah Public Schools employee.
- Collaborative teaching projects, collaborative community engagement, cross-disciplinary, and multiage projects welcome! Get creative!
- Detailed project plans with a one paragraph summary (2 page max)
- Detailed budget of expenses
- Timeline (start date, end date, and any milestone checks if applicable)
Project description can include research and examples of other projects, but not required. Completion of projects and video submission must take place by March 1 of current school year.
Eligible expenses include: educational support, supplies, equipment, travel expenses, and speaker fees. Innovate Grant projects cannot be part of an existing project unless used as an extension with completely new content.
We will host a one hour, grant “brainstorm and get innovative” workshop for interested participants to be announced on our Facebook page. It is not a requirement to attend, but encouraged.
Outcomes: Inspired children sharing their learning experience via a 3-5 minute video. We want any kind of data that shows students have been impacted and inspired to learn (and maybe pursue more learning on their own!) Outcomes can include goal of project, testimonials, actual project work, collaboration time notes, video, datasets, an event, or exhibition by students served.
Winners must be willing to share your project with district staff and at a school board meeting because their projects are going to be so awesome!
Email your application to email@example.com by September 15 of current school year.